Cloud of gases thrown in the village of Barbar

15 Jan 2012

Within 24 hours, we bring you news of two more deaths in Bahrain.

Badriya Ali 59 year old woman from Sanabis, died on 14 Jan 2012 as a result of self immolation after she suffered from sever depression for months. In April 2011 security forces raided Badriya Ali's home to arrest her son, Ahmed Mushaima, who is 25 years old. They beat him severely in front of her, banging his head against the corner of an air conditioner repeatedly. Badriya screamed at them to stop beating her son, and an officer responded "shut up, we arrest women too". They then pulled her old sick husband from bed to arrest him, but he was too weak and fell to the ground, where they left him. Badreya fainted after watching her son being severely beaten. Before leaving, the officers wrote "long live khalifa" on the walls of her home. Some of those officers were: Faisal Bakhsh, Khalid and Taher AlAlawi. They stole 4500 BD, 3 phones, a laptop and Ahmed's wallet. Since that raid, according to her daughter Zahra, Badriya went into deep depression. For a week Badriya cried continuously, after which she fell completely silent. When Badriya's son was released she got a bit better, but a couple of weeks ago their village which is constantly under excessive attacks was attacked again, and Badriya witnessed an old woman being chased by security forces in the street. Since that day Badriya was terrified, and her family had to watch her constantly. She was afraid of any small sound, convinced they would come back for her children. A couple of weeks ago Badriya told her children that she couldn't take it anymore, and to let her go to the riot police so she can be killed.

Zahra says she was busy with her daughter for five minutes, only to find her mother had set herself on fire on the roof. She died of her burns today.

Salma Mohsin, 81 years old, from Barbar died this evening from teargas suffocation after a canister was shot into her home.

. The number of victims who have died due to teargas inhalation continues to rise due to excessive shooting of teargas on residential areas as a form of collective punishment.

Other updates:

It is important to mention that Yousif Muwali, who's family say he was tortured to death, was autistic.

Hussain Ali, a young child, (Photo) was hiding under a car when their area got attacked by security forces. He was pulled out when found and severely beaten, then thrown into a police car. His clothes were torn, and his glasses were broken. When Hussain saw his mother, he asked her to tell his friends' mothers to forgive him as he was forced to give the security officers names of his friends. He said they had threatened to rape him and use electricity on him if he did not give them names. Hussain's mother says her sons face was red and swollen, with fingerprint marks on his cheecks. Hussain, who is detained now, is being charged with illegal gathering, and his friends have been arrested as well.

15 year old Hussain AlGassab was arrested yesterday, traces of his blood still visible on the street: (Photo). When Hussain's family went to see him today the police told them he hit his head against their jeep. Hussain's brother asked him what they had done to him, the officer looked at Hussain and asked him "did we hit you or did you hit yourself?" Hussain looked scared according to his brother, lowered his head and quietly said "I hit myself".

15 year old Abdulredha Abbas was arrested and his family fear he is being subjected to torture as they have received news that he was taken to the youth hostel which has become a torture center for the security forces.

Child beaten by security forces in AlMugsha yesterday:

Child passed out after excessive teargas was shot at a residential area:

Jaffar AlQumaish has been detained at the dry docks prison for 3 months on charges of illegal gathering, and is now entering his third day of hunger strike.

13 year old was crossing street and was deliberately hit by a riot police jeep

Abdulaziz Abdulredha and Ali AlSingace, formerly sentenced to death, are entering their 5th day of hungerstrike protesting that they are being kept in solitary confinement.

According to the family of the child Ali Ashoor, he was tortured at the central police station by officer Turki AlMajed.